Monday, August 9, 2010

Mr. Positive asks a question...

I've been neglecting the blog lately. There's a lot of things going on in my life, plus I've been spending the majority of my computer time arguing with social conservatives, so I just haven't gotten around to writing. My thoughts lately are definitely lacking cohesiveness.

I keep most of the important topics to myself, but I will mention that I have a job interview coming up soon. I'm hopeful that it goes well and we can agree on salary, because this is a gig that I actually want. It's a new venture by a successful restauranteur, in a cool neighborhood, with an eclectic menu. From a culinary standpoint, I would definitely be in over my head, but that's the sort of thing I'm looking for. It would certainly be an interesting piece of the timeline on my five year plan. Far more interesting than what I've been doing lately.

Right now, I'm feeling pretty positive.

And to keep my good vibe going, I'm going to take some time off from debating the FoxNews crowd also. As much as I'm drawn to combating bigotry and ignorance, it wears on me. It's generally a waste of time anyway, being as it's nearly impossible to change the minds of people who are that immersed in their own belief system. Logic does very little to dissuade pseudo-Christian Glenn Beck listeners. If they happen to be enraged by some anti-homosexual sentiment or poorly shrouded racism (as most of them seem to be), it's equivalent to arguing with a hungry coyote. Despite the fact that I'm a heterosexual caucasian, I've been on the receiving end of a lot of racial or orientation-based slurs in the last few days, so in the interest of maintaining positive energy, I'm retiring from all arguments for the next week.

I'm just going to relax and attempt to only engage in amicable conversations. Hopefully that won't require too much social isolation.

Changing pace, (again my thoughts are not cohesive) I'd like to ask a question for personal research purposes. What is your absolute favorite thing to eat? If you are unable to come up with one specific thing, you can tell me a few, or something that you just really like. It doesn't matter what it is, whether simple, cheap, processed, expensive, or finely composed; I just want to know what my readers and future customers are really interested in eating. You can comment on the blog, the Facebook link, or by my email if you have it. I truly appreciate any feedback I get.

5 comments:

  1. I just prefer a good ol' ribeye steak seasoned with salt and pepper....besides that I think I could eat pasta every day of the week (I'm Italian, what can I say?....Its funny though, my grandma is 100% Italian and doesnt eat pasta. It was served so often when she was growing up that she would rather not consume it as an adult...lol))....Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I just tried chocolate gravy...and I think that ranks up there. From a uplifting "way to go" stand point, I just want to thank you for being one of our straight allies...we need people like you!!! Keep doing what you're doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate gravy? That's a new one for me... I'm going to have to do some Google research...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. --my mantra

    I could live on Mexican food. I do a quick dinner where I flash fry corn tortillas, stuff them with cheese, avocados, green onions and tomatoes. I usually eat them standing over the sink because I can't wait to act like a civilized person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol... And your mantra is sound advice.

    ReplyDelete