Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Yeah, THOSE people...

I've really been trying to come up with a nice positive blog entry; and uplifting story, or just something food related that happens to be interesting. I've been holding off on writing anything else that is negative in nature, but unfortunately, enough has accumulated that I now must spew it forth into cyber-space...

What follows is just one of a collection of occurrences which have irritated me, and my thoughts about the offending persons....

This morning I was sitting at a red light, next to a McDonald's. I was blankly staring at an older gentleman, perhaps 60 years of age, who was walking across the parking lot. He had some difficulty moving along, and was employing the use of one of those large cane-type things that have four separate feet on the base. As I was sadly contemplating my own mortality and wondering how life would be if I couldn't walk, A minivan pulled up. A dreaded suburbanite minivan. A housewife type, with phone firmly attached to her ear, emerged and proceeded to slide open the rear door. Three children, ranging in age from perhaps three to six, quickly emerged. They immediately began sprinting in random directions through the parking lot. The middle child, a boy, ran straight toward the hobbling man. And stunningly, collided with him at full speed.

The man took several staggering steps, made some quick moves with the cane to gather his balance, and with the help of a car he toppled into, somehow managed to stay on his feet. Suddenly I heard the child scream. As he turned around and began running back toward his mother, I could see that he had suffered a cut on the top of his head. I'm guessing he ran dead into the handle of the man's cane. A thin line of blood was running down the child's face.

To my shock and awe, the mother then began screaming at the handicapped man! I heard her clearly say "What is wrong with you?! Why aren't you paying attention?!" I could not hear the man's responses. He was somewhat confused it appeared. But the woman was mad and shouting loudly. The remaining two children now burst into tears also due to the argument as well as the sight of their comrade's blood. Suddenly another woman emerged from a parked car, I presume she was the wife of the gentleman with the cane. She was clearly enraged, stormed up to within a foot of the mother, and began screaming while pointing her finger in the lady's face. I couldn't hear the words exactly. I did hear the words "stupid asshole" though. Throughout all of this, the mother never hung up the phone.

At this point, I was startled by a horn from two cars behind me. Both myself and the driver behind me had become transfixed by the drama on McDonald's parking lot, ignored the green light, and were now impeding traffic. I had no choice but to move along, and miss the remainder of this spectacle.

Had I stayed, however, I would have loved to unleash a verbal barrage on that mother. The entire affair was her fault. She was the one not supervising her precious offspring, it was her fault the child almost knocked down a handicapped man (and was cut in the process). And it was also her inappropriate reaction that escalated the situation into an argument.

I can't stand women like these ones. Spoiled, stupid housewives. Phones glued to their heads. Poorly behaved children running rampant around them. Minivans with stick-figure representations of every member of their clan displayed proudly on the rear window. Fingernails, make-up, a functional IQ of 90, and a sense of entitlement. They just wander around suburbia, getting in the way and breathing up oxygen that otherwise would be consumed by valid lifeforms. These are the ones who love to tell you how great and special their children are, and will defend these offspring with great passion; whether said children are being tripped in a youth soccer game, or knocking down handicapped people in a parking lot.

These are the people who move to suburbia to avoid minorities. These are the people who's door locks I hear click when I walk past their car in the drug store parking lot at 9:15pm. These are the people you see being interviewed on the news, when every several years a homicide occurs near their upper-middle class neighborhood, who talk about how frightened they are. These are the people who drop 10% of their income into the collection plate at their multi-million dollar mega-church, and fail to see the hypocrisy. These people home-school, because it would be far too dangerous to allow their darling snowflakes to be exposed to, well, anything. And these people vote. They absolutely love voting. Especially when they can pass some anti-homosexual legislation, or drug law, or immigration reform. Anything to "keep their family safe". Nothing is more important. They'll dial 911 if they hear a noise, or the neighbors have a house party, or a new car is parked on the street. They can never be too careful.

Personally, I think they should all be LESS SAFE. I wish they would all move to homes that lie either directly on top of fault-lines, or perhaps at the base of steep earthen hills in a rainy environment. At bare minimum, they should be someplace that is prone to hurricanes and/or tidal waves. At least that's my opinion...

1 comment:

  1. I HATE "those" people. I used to be friends with one and woe to whomever messed with one of her kids.

    Her son & my son were friends until about 6th grade. They got in trouble with a couple other boys and everyone including parents got hauled into the principal's office. But not my friend's son, even though he was the ringleader. Why? Because the administration didn't want to deal with her. Great lesson. All the boys were punished except my friend's son.

    Today, her son is a pot head who still lives at home while all the other boys are either in college or in trades which pay them well. I guess all those years of her doing his homework really didn't pay off.

    ReplyDelete