Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The bacon resistance...

I read today about a small community that is considering barring it's restaurants and entertainment venues from serving many items that contain high fructose corn syrup.

A large metropolitan area has already legally forbidden the use of trans-fats by it's food service industry.

There are entire counties in the south where alcohol is forbidden.

Don't even try to smoke a cigarette. Anywhere. Not in a bar where you are relaxing and chugging down poison. Not even at an outdoor sporting venue.

I won't mention the remainder of a long list of things that the government deems inappropriate for you to consume. It's pretty lengthy...

How about I'll just be responsible for myself? Perhaps, just perhaps, businesses can decide for themselves which behaviors will and will not be tolerated? Aren't there enough rules already? Will sorry ass suburbanites refuse to be happy until every tiny aspect of their lives (and everyone else's) are regulated by some bureaucratic arm of the government?

I know what to put in my body and what not to. I've educated myself. The information is available to everyone. But sometimes, I must use lard to get the results I desire. I want to smoke in a bar. And in the morning, I love nothing more than an ice-cold Pepsi, filled with sickeningly delicious high fructose corn syrup. I NEED a few slices of bacon a week. I refuse to live otherwise.

They're my internal organs. I'm aware of the consequences.

I don't need any assistance with my lifestyle choices...

No comments:

Post a Comment